The idea of an (islamic) nation-state is a modernist idea, not an islamic concept. The only valid islamic state “is essentially a universal state, a state without borders.”
The Muslims do live of course in de-facto nation-states, but they should not accept in principle the division of the world into nations and states. Otherwise “their main concern would be more the preservation of the integrity of the borders (of any land area) rather than the integrity of Islam,” - may Allah forbid!
Sh. Fadel Soliman exposes the ‘ISIS’ delusion, showing what real Jihad is about. Towards the end he presents examples of ”Daesh’s selective fiqh,” selective meaning here false legal understanding which goes against fundamental tenets of Islam.
They twist Quran and hadith and accuse every other Muslim, who does not follow their bigoted, anti-traditional interpretations, to be an apostate (takfír ).
It is not Islamic Way to establish an Islamic khalifat & laws without consultation of the Muslims and it is against the intention and the practice of the Holy Prophet ﷺ and every Islamic tradition to build a state through coercion, spying, intimidation and murder of Muslims or Non-Muslims.
The foremost example of merciful magnanimity is by no one so fully manifested as by the Prophet ﷺ￼ himself.
01. It is forbidden in Islam to issue fatwas without all the necessary learning requirements.
02. It is forbidden in Islam to issue legal rulings about anything without mastery of the Arabic language.
03. It is forbidden in Islam to oversimplify Shari’ah matters and ignore established Islamic sciences.
04. It is permissible in Islam [scholars] to differ on any matter, except those fundamentals of religion th all Muslims must know.
05. It is forbidden in Islam to ignore the reality of contemporary times when deriving legal rulings.
06. It is forbidden in Islam to kill the innocent.
07. It is forbidden in Islam to kill emissaries, ambassadors, and diplomats; hence it is forbidden to kill journalists & aid workers.
08. Jihad in Islam is defensive war, not permissible w/o the right cause, the right purpose & without the right rules of conduct.
09. It is forbidden in Islam to declare people non-Muslim unless he (or she) openly declares disbelief.
10. It is forbidden in Islam to harm or mistreat—in any way—Christians or any ‘People of the Scripture’.
11. It is obligatory to consider Yazidis as People of the Scripture.
12. The re-introduction of slavery is forbidden in Islam. It was abolished by universal consensus.
13. It is forbidden in Islam to force people to convert.
14. It is forbidden in Islam to deny women their rights.
15. It is forbidden in Islam to deny children their rights.
16. It is forbidden in Islam to enact legal punishments (hudud) w/o following t correct procedures that ensure justice and mercy.
17. It is forbidden in Islam to torture people.
18. It is forbidden in Islam to disfigure the dead.
19. It is forbidden in Islam to attribute evil acts to God.
20. It is forbidden in Islam to destroy the graves and shrines of Prophets and Companions.
21. Armed insurrection is forbidden in Islam for any reason other than clear disbelief by the ruler & not allowing people to pray.
22. It is forbidden in Islam to declare a caliphate without consensus from all Muslims.
23. Loyalty to one’s nation is permissible in Islam.
24. After the death of the Prophet, Islam does not require anyone to emigrate anywhere.
A conference in Mardin in southeastern Turkey declared the fatwa by 14th century scholar Ibn Taymiyya rules out militant violence and the medieval Muslim division of the world into a “house of Islam” and “house of unbelief” no longer applies.
Osama bin Laden [and later ISIS] has quoted Ibn Taymiyya’s “Mardin fatwa” repeatedly in his calls for Muslims to overthrow the Saudi monarchy and wage jihad against the United States.
Referring to that historic document, the weekend conference said: “Anyone who seeks support from this fatwa for killing Muslims or non-Muslims has erred in his interpretation.
“It is not for a Muslim individual or a Muslim group to announce and declare war or engage in combative jihad ... on their own,” said the declaration issued Sunday in Arabic and later provided to Reuters in English.
reuters.com, MARCH 31, 2010