”While 19th century materialism closed the mind of man to what is above him
20th century psychology opened it to what is below him.” René Guenon
The False Prophets Of Modernism
By Professor Harry Oldmeadow
A rigorously objective refutation of modernist doctrines of Nietzsche, Darwin, Freud and Marx, as seen from the perspective of the Unchanging Tradition.
- modern mythologies obscure the Real
- a Hindu prophesy from ~ 1000 AD about the modern times:
”In those days it will be wealth that confers distinction.”
Modernism is: anti-traditional, progressive, humanistic, rationalist, materialist, experimental, individualist, egalitarian, free-thinking and intensely sentimental.
4 characteristics of modernism acc. to SH Nasr:
- anthropomorphism*, and by extension secularism,
- evolutionist progressivism,
- the absence of any sense of the sacred,
- an unrelieved ignorance of metaphysical principles.
* (the attribution of human characteristics or behaviour to God, animal, or object.)